Prolonging the life of your exhaust fan!
Grease Ducks Ltd, is an authorized reseller of the Omni Super Hinge! The Omni Super Hinge's patented technology allows for ease, convenience, versatility and durability, and helps increase the life of the expensive fan housing by adding support to prone failure areas of the fan base.
Laser cut heavy gauge powder coated steel components eliminate the repetitive flexing stress that occurs to fan base during use and service. Corrosion proof hardware is provided to ensure that the Super Hinge stays firmly attached to the fan and duct.
NFPA-96 now requires ALL commercial food processing facilities and restaurants to install a hinging systems on their roof top ventilators and upblast exhaust systems, it has become important for these businesses to find a system that can adapt to their specific needs. Until now, the only hinging systems available were compatible to just a small percentage of existing roof top ventilation systems. The effectiveness of these systems, and in many cases the possibility of installing them at all, is limited by a number of factors including the weight and dimensions of the fan, low grade material and components, which leads to a lack of durability, and a lack of versatility, meaning an inability to adapt to a variety of different situations that may be involved with hinge installation on any given fan.
The objective of the Omni Super Hinge is to be the solution to any challenge that any roof top fan may present.
The importance of a proper hinge
- Proper exhaust fan maintenance and cleaning. In order to thoroughly clean any commercial kitchen exhaust fan a sturdy hinge system must be installed to safely access all areas for proper cleaning.
- Safety. Trying to remove a heavy exhaust fan from its duct for cleaning or maintenance is not only dangerous for the contractor but always causes some degree of damage to the roof or the fan housing.
- To protect the fan wiring. Exhaust fan wiring is stretched when the fan is taken off the stack and placed on the roof. Without a hinge kit, the fan wiring is subject to unnecessary abuse during cleaning and maintenance.
- To protect the exhaust fan. The exhaust fan can be damaged over time by removing it from the stack repeatedly and placing it on its side.
- To prevent roof damage. Rooftop damage and leaks can be the result of placing the exhaust fan on the roof during cleaning or maintenance.
- It's the law! NFPA 96 Code 8.1.1 states: "Approved up-blast fans with motors surrounded by the air stream shall be hinged, supplied with flexible weather proof electrical cable and service hold-open retainers, and listed for this use."
Order an Omni Super Hinge Kit Now!
To order an Omni Super Hinge Kit, you'll have to fill out the form below. Start by selecting your Exhaust Fan Type. If you are unsure, scroll through the various types and see what image is closest to your exhaust fan. You can click on the image to enlarge it, or click on the PDF Download that you can print and take with you to ensure proper measurements. Remember, every Hinge Kit is designed custom from the specs you send us, so please make sure your measurements are correct. If you have images add them also!
Alternatively... If your establishment is in an area serviced by Grease Ducks, call us today! We install, service and maintain Exhaust Systems! We'd be happy to serve you.
NFPA 96 Code 8.1.1. states: "Approved Upblast Fans with motors surrounded by the air stream SHALL BE HINGED, supplied with flexible weather proof electrical cable and service hold-open retainers, and listed for this use." Click here to read more.